Local Elections: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
April 26, 2019
M E M O R A N D U M
TO: SCETF Stewards
FROM: Elections Committee: Mark Butt, Chair
RE: NOTIFICATION OF UPCOMING SCETF ELECTIONS – Call for Nominations
Forward all nomination forms and biographical sketches to the SCETF Office by Wednesday, May 15, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Please submit a nomination form from your site even if you have no one standing for a position. All biographical sketches will be included in a booklet forwarded to each school. Candidates may give a speech at the Annual Meeting, if they so desire. Potential nominees are encouraged to read the job descriptions found in the SCETF Constitution.
1. Elections for the 2019-2021 SCETF Executive will take place at the SCETF Annual Meeting on Wednesday, May 29th, at the SCETF LOCAL OFFICE at 5:00 p.m. Members are encouraged to arrive early enough to register before the doors are tiled (locked). While the doors are tiled (locked) no members will be allowed to enter or leave the meeting room.
2. Doors will be tiled (locked) during speeches and voting. They will be untiled between elections while SCETF business is continued. SCETF Members must sign in at the Poll Clerk Station with a valid photo I.D. or ETFO Membership card in order to obtain access to the voting area.
3. In order to vote in all subsequent elections, Members must be seated in the tiled off voting areas where they will receive the remainder of election ballots.
4. Unsuccessful candidates for President, 1st Vice President, and 2nd Vice President may seek one other Vice President position. The candidate will declare their intentions when they are informed of the election results.
5. Unsuccessful candidates for President or Vice Presidents may seek another position on the Executive for which the member is eligible. In order to be eligible, the nomination must be submitted as per Article 2.1.1., and/or 2.1.3 of the SCETF Constitution.
6. The 2019-2021 release time for the 2nd Vice President will be a minimum of ten (10) days.
7. Further information including nomination forms will be forwarded to the schools by the Elections Committee closer to the election date.